Sunday, February 6, 2011

Superbowl Scrappiness

I have to admit....if you had asked me yesterday I would not have known who was even in the Superbowl.  I really haven't kept up with football at all and without a Superbowl Party...well...I guess I will have to just watch the commercials.  Sorry if you are a fan, I mean no disrespect, I just haven't been following the sport.

Well I had a little time this afternoon to work on a layout.  I really love how it turned out.  I used more of my Lucky Girl Crafts kit....which has so much versatility!

This is the sketch by Page Maps for Apron Strings Kit Club.  They posted a challenge on their blog and I loved the sketch!  I've been keeping my eye on these kits and you might want to also. :)
And here's my take on the sketch:
I wish I had been able to take a picture with more natural lighting.  My ceiling light was creating too much glare.  But I love the layout. :)

Well only about 5 minutes until the pizza comes out of the oven....it smells heavenly!  Off to watch the commercials!  :)

3 comments:

Jessica Navarro said...

Love your take on this sketch! It is just great with your large photos and super cute embellishments. I'm going to bookmark this sketch. Have fun watching the commercials! LOL, I'm right there with you.

Elizabeth said...

Ruth I love your layout! Way to rock the 2-pager! I need to do more of them myself!
Hope your week is going wonderfully!
e.

Lori said...

That's beautiful! Nice job. I don't use full size photos, but always love the look of them. May need to plan a little better to use one every once and a while.