Friday, February 25, 2011

FRIENDS, LOVE, FAITH BLOG HOP


So today, we're out in force on the internet -- showing our faith and giving the glory to God. United, we stand as Christian paper crafters and blog owners to make a presence on the internet for all to see. If you are hopping with us, you should have hopped over from Monique Fox. If you happened to just come across this post and you want to join in on the fun, make sure you jump over to the beginning so that you do not miss out: Paper Tree House Studio.

We're celebrating the theme of faith and we're happy to share our projects with you based on the verse:
"...those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." (Isaiah 40:31)

This photo is about 20 years old.  It's a photo I found of me and my boys.....having a blast on a picnic and making funny faces.  It brings back so many memories.  As a young mom of 3 children so close together in age, there were definitely days that I was weary and had to completely rely on the strength that only God can give, to have the patience for each day.  Even when I blew it and wasn't patient God still loved me and so did my children.  I think the love of a child is the closest example we can have here on earth of unconditional love.

My journaling reads:
So often I think of that perfect example of a Godly woman in Proverbs 31 and feel so inadequate.  In so many ways I have not measured up.  But one look at this photo of me as a young mom, with three beautiful little boys that are so full of life....and I'm reminded that I am indeed Blessed & Highly Favored!
        "Her children arise & call her blessed; her husband also and he praises her."

First, we would like to take a moment to thank our generous co-sponsors:
Zutter, Paper Trunk, Create 365, Memorable Seasons, Scrapbook News and Review, as well as Papperie. Together with Paper Tree House Studio, these companies have donated some wonderful prizes for today's blog hop.

Prizes? Oh, yeah! There will be three lucky grand prize winners for today's event.
To enter, simply hop through the blogs and take note of all of the participating DT members of Paper Tree House Studio, and make sure to jot down the "blessed words" they will have in their post, and leave a comment on their posts. Once you gather all of the words, you will have another special Scripture to inspire you to create while leaving His legacy. Then send us an email at mypapertreehousedt@gmail.com listing each of the staff members who participated in today's hop and the completed Scripture. It's that easy. All entries must be received by Monday, February 28, 2011 at 12 noon, EST and seven winners will be randomly chosen to win.
What are the prizes?
  • One Cricut Gypsy from Paper Tree House Studio
  • One Bind-it-All from Zutter
  • One baggy of goodies from Create 365
  • One baggy of goodies from Papperie
  • One baggy of goodies from Paper Trunk
  • One year subscription to Scrapbook News and Review
  • One $15 gift card to Memorable Seasons so that you can purchase your favorite goodies!!
In addition, many of our participating bloggers will have amazing blog candy and RAKS available for one of their blessed visitors by simply leaving a comment and becoming a follower on their blog. That's a lot of chances to win, so let's get to the Hop!

I have a PRIZE for you also (a set of stamps & more....value of over $20), so be sure to leave a comment & become a follower.  You'll want to check back on monday to see if you have won!

Make sure you write this down to be in the big drawings:
My name is Ruth & my blessed words are: "in all your ways submit to him".

The next stop on this blog hop is Corinne Stevens.  She has an amazing layout for you!  Be sure to leave her some love.

Enjoy the hop!!

50 comments:

antenucci said...

So enjoying everyone's blog. Thanks for sharing.

Carol said...

What a beautiful layout. Thank you for sharing your talents with us.

ScrappyNancy said...

Thank you for your beautiful post and project! Prov 31 is my model as well, and I too fall woefully short. I am so thankful for God's unending grace!

:corinne: said...

What a darling layout. It's fun to go back and scrap pictures in the past huh? Love your blog and I also became a follower!

Jennifer Evans said...

Love your banner. Notice it from Wilna's blog class... did you take it? It looks great!

Amanda said...

Beautiful layout! All of you ladies have done an amazing job! TFS!

amandawoodau at hotmail dot com

Shawnee said...

What a cute layout. I love Proverbs 31! You are definitely blessed and highly favored.

Blessings,
Shawnee
http://quiverofangels.blogspot.com

Becky Dunham said...

Ruth - I love this layout and your story :) I can't tell you how many times I hid in my room when my children were young and asked God why he made me a mother as I was certainly not cut out for it. My children are now 13, 16 and 19 and we all have survived so far with a lot of help from Him. This blog is fabulous - so inspiring in so many ways!

Eva Sanz said...

Preciosa pagina.
Besos

artnsoul said...

Proverbs 31 is describes a faithful wowan. Praise Him!

Anonymous said...

Im a new follower- Love your Layout! stop by and see my blog sometime-
youhadmeatscrap.blogspot.com
kacee
mcvicwif@yahoo.com

Wendy Swenne said...

Lovely layout. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Cute LO, I love the flower with the butterfly.

Sueli Pinheiro said...

Muy bonita tu pagina y tu testigo. Es un gusto enorme conocer una hermanita mas. Bendiciones!

leon santiago said...

everything was put into place.... good work!

Julie Overby said...

Wonderful layout!

pinklula said...

LA FAMILIA SIEMPRE ES Y SERA UNA BENDICION DE DIOS...ME GUSTO TU MENSAJE Y TUS TRABAJOS...BENDECIDA=]

Shelle and Dan said...

This is fun! Thanks for sharing!

Ross Plata said...

Im a new follower- Love your Layout! I love the flower with the butterfly.

Tina said...

I am so thankful for Gods neverending mercy and grace he has for us! Thanks for sharing your layout Ruth! I love it! God Bless You and your 3 children!

Polly said...

Extraordinario trabajo, y la reflexión impresionante. Dios de verdad que nos da la fortaleza necesaria cada día.
Dios te bendiga
manualidadespolly.blogspot.com

Carmen Pauls said...

I really like this, Ruth. I can so relate to your journalling, seeing as I am a new mom struggling with my own feelings of inadequacy and tiredness....

Carmen.

fabitolana said...

Hola ...cuanta fortaleza en tus palabras ... eres un ejemplo de mujer ...para todas aquellas mamàs jovenes que se abruman ...
Un fuerte abrazo desde Chile
Bendicones mil ...

Unknown said...

realmente bellisimo!!!!!
muchos saludos y bendiciones!

Catherine Schroeder said...

Hi there! I love the patterned paper! The layout is fabulous! Thanks for sharing! I am already a follower and I enjoy seeing your work! :D

Bunnyfreak said...

Love the colors of the page.
username at yahoo dot com

AJoy said...

It's the little things that count the most. I agree, a mother's love for her children and their love for her are the only kinds of unconditional love other than His.


April
nginerd at gmail dot com
http://ajoy2scrap.blogspot.com

Shelly Lynn said...

Thanks for sharing your sweet layout with us... I'm loving this blog hop!! There are so many talented individuals here!

Selina said...

Thank you so much for sharing of your heart! The layout is beautiful and I love the journaling paper touch!

I'm a new follower and can be reached by comment at:

http://www.mudpiereality.blogspot.com

Jackie said...

Lovely layout! Love the use of white space.

Anna said...

Beautiful!!! Just beautiful.
Thanks for the chance to win.
I am a follower.
annadowdy at gmail dot com

Ledia..... said...

que lindo trabajo, me encanto!!!!!!

saludos!!!!!!

anna gs said...

Un bonito LO !!!
Recibe un fuerte abrazo,

ANNA

Janet's Joy said...

Beautiful page Ruth!

Jennifer~My Creative Crafting said...

Adorable layout! Love the colors :)

~Jennifer
mycreativecrafting.blogspot.com

rubi said...

Beautiful trabaho and the children that great benediction, congratulations and already I am a follower yours up to always

http://inspirationanddesigvera.blogspot.com/

doverdi said...

Great layout! I'm also a new follower. TFS!

Misty said...

Sweet memories! Thank toy for sharing

http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

What a wonderful layout and a perfect verse!
Cindy
miller896042 at bellsouth dot net

pinklula said...

SOY velez_lourdes Y YA TENGO BLOG GARCIAS A USTEDES....YEEEAAAA...BENDICIONES

Marley said...

Gorgeous lay out! The picture is beautiful. Im a cardmaker for 2 years now but I started making lay outs and I have so much fun with making them! I hope one day I will be as good as you are! Thanks for this great bloghop, im a new follower too! Hugs Marley

LesleyfromWI said...

Love the design & colors of your LO. I am a new follower of your blog!

Sheila said...

It is so great to see this many women talking about their faith and sharing with all of us. Thank you

Anonymous said...

Very pretty layout... HUGS...SK :)

Kathy's Kreative Spot said...

What a lovely layout of you with your children. Thanks for sharing

Kathy
Katsews at Gmail dotcom

Tere Azua said...

Ruth,
Thank You for sharing this beautiful layout. sometimes I need to be reminded that I´m a special woman, daughter of a loving Heavenly Father.

Cheri said...

Beautiful layout, but even more beautiful words. Thanks for sharing.

Scrappin' Sista said...

I absolutely love your LO. Your journaling is so touching. In fact, I feel like you journal entry on MANY occasions. This morning was shaping up to be one of those days. I'm glad I saved the hop for today. God knew JUST what I needed. TFS and the chance to win.

Christel
http://onescrappinsista.blogspot.com
askscrappinsista (at) hotmail (dot) com

Debbi said...

What a great layout! That is such a true statement about feeling as if we do not measure up to the Prov 31 woman. My user name is often "prov31wannabe". I have a long way to go!
*smiles*
debbi

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruth,
Your layout is so pretty, and I love how you connected the photo and your thoughts about it to such a beautiful passage of Scripture :)
~natalie