Monday, February 28, 2011

So Much Fun!

What a ton of fun at the Blog Hop this past weekend.  If you are still hopping you can find the post HERE.  Enjoy!  I loved reading your comments and cherish your kind words.

I was at a very informal scrap retreat this weekend and had so much fun!  I adore these girls, I tell ya.  Their kindness, their love & support, their crazy antics (cough, Sonya, cough), their amazing creativity....they are truly blessings in my life.  I got a lot done, but I am also so inspired to get into my scraproom and do a little more creating! :)  Everyone needs a little time away with friends and I am so blessed.  So very blessed!

I did a few challenges this weekend including a Scraplift Challenge at Scrapbook Daisies.  Here is the inspiration:
And here is my layout. 


I lifted the overall design and did a Christmas page.  My oldest son loves Count Chocula cereal and I discovered last January that it is really only available in the fall.  Seriously, they make it seasonally.  Who would have thought.  When I grew up it was a staple in the cereal aisle.  Anyhow, he got some for Christmas this year.  Definitely an imperfect photo as I had glare on the cereal box, but it's all about scrapping real life and not perfect photos, right?

I also have a link to a fantastic giveaway!  It's a tool that I had not seen yet.....a distressing tool by Imaginese!  Check this out:
I don't know about you, but I'm thinking that I need one!  Well we can all have a chance at one free...PINKY is doing a giveaway on her blog.  Go to the blog here:  MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING and don't let the title fool ya.  She's got lots of great tutorials, inspiration and more on her blog.  It's a whole lot of GREAT STUFF!

Be sure to let me know if you win!  Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Emily D. said...

Awesome layout Ruth!! Love it!