That same month my husband and I started building our new home. So I began packing a second house up. I literally had boxes floor to ceiling when we first moved into our home. The things you "need" you unpack quickly. Then even the random "Oh where is that.......(fill in the blank) that I only use a couple times a year" get sought out and taken care of.
Finally I am at the point where I am finally getting to go through my grandparents' things. There were a lot of picture frames (my Grandma had photos hanging on every wall space in the house) in my boxes. Some of the frames were not so nice, or not my taste, but the photos are just priceless! And even better....when I took the pictures out I found treasures. There were photos underneath the photos in the backs of the frames. And even notes jotted down on pieces of cardboard used as 'filler' to keep the photo pressed nicely against the glass.
Notes, for example, like my Grandfather's ideas in what he'd like in a cabin. What he'd be willing to pay. Who the realtor was and the realtor's phone number. My Grandpa bought that cabin when my mom was in high school and owned it until about 6 years ago when they could no longer make the trips back and forth from their home. We had so many memories there and I *love* that I could just sit and imagine him back at home after a long day at work, dreaming of a cabin "up north" that they could get to on the weekends. And go hunting at. And snowmobiling. Yep, good times.
I also found this photo of my son from 9 years ago. I am so glad that I took so many photos! I know I have scrapbooked this before, but I love writing down the memory and remembering this day. I used my May kit from Scrapbook Sussies...
6 comments:
I so remember tapping trees and making maple sugar in the 'sugar shanny' back on the farm in NY! It was alot of work, but while the sap was boiling down, it was such fun chatting and playing cards.
Your layout has brought back some fond memories for me and I just love it!! Great layout!!
what a fabulous page ruth!
Ruth, thank you for sharing the story about your grandparents, the photos you inherited and the memories they brought to you. And that's a beautiful page!
Love those colors and you did a great job using that paper!!
love the page, the colors are awesome! My parents are in the {long} process of packing up my grandparents house as well.
A gorgeous layout!! Love the colours and the story you have shared.
Post a Comment