Monday, January 31, 2011

Getting Older

There's something to be said about getting older...you can look at it positively or negatively.  I choose to be positive!  Sure, I might be a little larger....and older.  But I'm also wiser (hahaha!) and my hair is cuter and my choice of clothing is more current (that was certainly a safe thing to say!).  :)  I'll laugh about today.......in about 15 years.

Well recently I dug into some older photos.  I had to laugh, but it was with joy.  "The good old days" kind of chuckle.  I hope you can chuckle with me. :)  Okay, so the photo is a little smallish for you to see the funny details, but trust me....they are there. :)





I have a little journal somewhere to fill my journaling in with....now to find it. ;)  

This layout is based on this sketch from NUTS ABOUT SKETCHES that we did at Paper Tree House Studio's CHallenge site (you can join us here: Paper Tree House STudio).

We have challenges every week!  
Please join us....don't be shy!

I'm entering this into another fabulous challenge site....Sketches in Thyme!

5 comments:

Barb Craft said...

I think you are still young and beautiful!! I love getting out old photos... they are usually worth a pretty good chuckle! Love this LO! The papers are yummy!
Barb :)

Melissa said...

beautiful LO! love the papers you used and two thumbs up for scrapping old photos! thankss for palying along with us at sketches in Thyme.

Fern said...

Ruth, I totally agree with you... I am much more comfortable with myself nowadays, too!! Kuddos for you scrapping some of your older photos... Cute layout and I love the papers!!! I may have to start digging out some of those earlier years!!! So glad you could join us this week over at Sketches In Thyme!!! Hugs!!

tiffany said...

great take on the sketch, always love Shawns sketches at NAS. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketches in Thyme!
=) Tiffany

Joni Parker said...

Hi Ruth...I spy Indie Girl!! I love this sketch & your layout is just beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!!