Sunday, January 2, 2011

Meet the Parents

We had our very own "meet the parents" day back in September.  Our son met a girl at college a few states away and it's a lot harder to get to know them or their family that way. 

Thankfully she is from Michigan, so her family lives here.  Which means that our son Andrew & Christina will come back from time to time to visit both families.  I'm happy to say, they are now engaged and we couldn't be more pleased.  She's a gem and we are enjoying the 'getting to know you' part.......both her and her family.

We spent the saturday evening of Labor Day weekend with her family at a campground on Lake Michigan and this layout is a few of those photos.

I used the Becky Fleck Page Maps sketch here: 
To create this layout:




I know it doesn't show up super well in the photos, but the hearts are popped with a little Helmar Scrap Dots (love, love, love that stuff!!!!) and they are dangling by some stitching lines as I also love to put stitching on my pages.

I love this Crate Paper that I pulled from an older kit!  I think I just needed to work on something fun & bright after it has been so dark here.

Blessings to you this New Year!

2 comments:

Court said...

SO cute! both my parents and my husband's parents live in the same city and we love that! :) Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment on my ladybug card! I appreciate it!

Elizabeth said...

That's a really cute layout and how fun that you get to meet up with your future DIL and her family!!!!! What a fun time for you all!
e.