Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Is it Mary or Martha?

The challenge this time was to think about this verse & then create something that reflects what God has shown me.

And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness.  2 Corinthians 12:9


My hidden journaling reads:
My strengths are often my weakness as well.  I'm organized, efficient, creative, a leader and problem solver.  However, those ways that God has gifted me, if used for my own things, rather than God's...just cause me to be busy doing "good things" and not "God things".  Ironically I have already been going through a time of re-evaluation and quiet reflection with the Lord about my life.  I want to 'Be still and know God'. 

What I found is that it's much harder for me to be still than to organize an event with dinner, decorations & a program for 450 women at church.  I know what it's like to be Mary.  And frankly I always thought Mary was really kind of lazy and let Martha carry the load.  Sometimes I still do.  But I also realize that Mary had time well spent.  No regrets.  And what Mary did was much harder for me. 

What I've come to know is that I'm a little bit Mary and a little bit Martha.  I really should never compare myself to them, but only learn the lessons God wants me to know through them.  If my eyes are set on God and His desires for my life, I can never go wrong to walk in that obedience.  God's will becomes clear as I walk in obedience.

5 comments:

Barb Craft said...

This is a gorgeous LO and I love the way you included the hidden journaling! Your journaling is so reflective and insightful... thanks for giving me something to think about!
Barb :)

Arlene Camacho said...

wow, I love all of the little details on your layout. I think I'm a bit of both as well....can be focused on doing than just being and absorbing.

thanks for sharing!!! :)

Elizabeth said...

What a gorgeous layout! I love your hidden honest journaling! I think I am like both Mary and Martha but a tad more scatter brained!!! LOL.

Happy day!
e.

Dolores said...

wow what a beautiful layout, and thank you for reminding me of Mary and Martha. I love your journaling.

Anonymous said...

Ruth, this is really beautiful-- both aesthetically and in the honesty in the journaling. Thank you so much for sharing your layout in the link on my blog!
~natalie