Thursday, September 2, 2010

Scrapbooking 101

Well that should be called post 101. :)  Today's post will feature the color pink.  For some it's a fav color, others hate it. There's really not a lot of in between on it.

For me it's more than color.  When I was little my brother called me "Pink" because he couldn't say my name properly (Ruth).  It was just plain easier and then it caught on with my extended family.  So "Pink" I became.  Which was fairly handy as it was my fav color.

And I remember vividly in second grade moving to a new house, running through the front door to "claim" my new room  I choose the one that was fluorescent pink!  Yeah, like anyone else in the family would even WANT it. LOL  Good memories!

When I ventured online years ago I chose "pink" as my screen name.  If you run into "pink" at a scrapbooking site, it's probably me. :)  Be sure to say hello!

And of course I didn't have any girls.......I have 3 awesome sons!  So no pink at this house.  Except me. 

Pink.  Which leads me to this next bit of news.   A layout that I did is being featured at Scrapbooking.com online magazine.  How does pink have anything to do with that?  Well you'll have to check it out HERE.  You can check out the full magazine HERE and I encourage you to do so.

And a little more PINK....another giveaway!  Just as yesterday, click on the "follower" tab at the left hand side and become a follower.  Then leave a message to be entered into today's drawing.  Don't know what to say?  Well just let me know if you are a fan of the color pink or not.

Here's what you can win:
Imaginisce Stickers, Imaginisce Ribbon, Imaginisce Flowers & some Darice blingy flowers & butterflies.

Don't forget to check out yesterday's post as well.  There is another GIVEAWAY there.  And I have a few more to go!  You definitely won't want to miss it.  Keep checking in. :)

I'll post winners on Monday.  Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

nursela said...

I can't believe no one else has posted! Pink is my favorite scrapbooking color! I just LOVE it! Pink/green, pink/brown, pink/blue--it's all good! I love how you told us the story of how you got the nickname Pink! Very cool!

Patricia said...

What a great story Ruth! I had always wondered how you got your name! Congrats on your feature layout!

Sharpie said...

Congratulations on your feature and guest DT spot.

Sure I like pink! Having a girl I use it a lot too! Scrapbooking, clothing, room paint, birthday invites, .... you name it!

Lisa (a.k.a. Sharpie) from Dango

Anonymous said...

I love the color pink too! Lucky for me I had two girls and now have three granddaughters, so I can use all the pink I want.

Congrats on the feature layout!!!!