Saturday, June 5, 2010

One Year Ago

I was so busy with Wes' graduation and then preparation for his open house.  Not just the normal food planning and invites, but praying we could turn a yard of dirt into a lush lawn by then and all the other things that come with building a house. :)  Thankfully everything turned out wonderful!

I saw this layout the other night (no, not in an album yet, shame on me) and I just smiled.  You know, after all this time I still get such a kick out of looking back at scrapbook pages and the memories they bring to the surface!

Enjoy your weekend and any plans you may have.  Remember to take some photos!

11 comments:

Melanie Stanczyk said...

I know exactly what you mean about not having layouts in albums!

But isn't it fun to look back and see the memories and what we created!

Anonymous said...

I have a whole stack of layouts on the shelf in my scrap room, waiting for homes. I do have the albums, just need to get 'em in there.

Great job on the layout. That's why I scrapbook, too -- to hold onto those memories.

just jennifer said...

I have TONS of layouts not in albums. Maybe I'll work on that this summer LOL.

Love your layout and glad for the reminder to take everyday pics!

Leah's Crafty Life said...

I think I'm going to switch to a different storage solution.. my pages are so lumpy n bumpy, they don't sit well in the albums anymore.. i have a ton of layouts no in albums yet. lol

LOVE the layout! I too love sitting down and walking down memory lane with the layouts.

twinkles11 said...

love the layout! and yes love the memories isn't that what's it all about?

angie gutshall said...

I have piles too! Great Layout!

Janine Rachau said...

I love looking back and I have not put one layout in an album within the last year. And, I scrap so out of order, it will take a long time to sort it all at this point.

That lloks like quite a page to reflect on....I love where my 7 & 9 boys are right now that thoughts of graduation make me sad.

lisaplus6 said...

i love looking back at each page :) i have over 100 los to put away... i think i have just given up...heehee
your page is just lovely.... i really like to colors and design :)

Siri said...

Found you on MME blog! You have such a fun blog - and cute grad layout!

BabyBokChoy said...

That's what scrapping is all about, capturing that moment in time, what a great story, looking back :)

Nathalie said...

I love the design of this page!