Monday, December 21, 2009

What I've Been Up To....

I had the privelege and fun of putting together some fabulous necklaces for the Christmas gift for our women at church for our holiday event. My friend Carin and I cut, mod podged, sanded, epoxied, glued and strung 500 of these babies!


Here's a photo of the finished pendants (the bird in the middle was a prototype that I purchased). There's a little glare from my flash, but you can see how fun they turned out. And yes, they are made from Scrabble tiles. And FYI there are 100 tiles per scrabble game. If you haven't lost any. *wink*
When it was time to run a ton of cardstock through my trusty little cuttlebug to create these boxes. A little folding, a little tape, a whole lotta help from my friends......add some tissue paper, ribbon and a silver crown and voila!... a beautiful gift fit for a Princess. And since we are all daughters of the King......it was perfect!

2 comments:

Lyn said...

Ruth, those are gorgeous!! You did such a fabulous job making them. The women in your church must have been floored to see them!
If you go into scrabble tile business, I would like to place the first order!! ;)

Carin said...

cool in pictures, but oh so fabulous in person... if I do say so myself!