Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Soccer

It's that time of the year again.......I time I absolutely love! We have cool nights and warm days........just perfect for soccer games. I must admit that next year at this time I will probably be a bit depressed. This is the beginning of my 'lasts' for me. It's Wes' last year of soccer. *sigh* He's a senior. *sigh* We still haven't taken senior photos. *sigh* I love that he's growing up.........and I hate it at the same time.

So I am just going to enjoy this soccer season to it's fullest! It hasn't been a stellar year for the team, but Wes has done well! So far only one other kid has scored this season, but Wes has done pretty well. His best game so far was last friday night (Dave's birthday too, so it was a great little present). He had 3 goals in the first 20 minutes (if you aren't a soccer fan.....gasp!!!, there are two 40 minute halves), then followed up with 2 later in the game. So out of 6 goals, he had 5 of them! Way to go WES! :)






I had the camera and got quite a few shots, but nothing really great...until my friend asked to take a couple photos of her son as goalie. "I don't care if he's just standing there, I'd just like a picture of him in the goal." I wandered down the field, the action came to that end, I snapped 4 photos and two absolutely captured the moment! Too bad I couldn't get great shots of my son. Oh well, we have lots of season left. :)



3 comments:

Carin said...

Not too much of a soccer fan, but so glad for Wes! & of course you proud mom!

Anonymous said...

awesome soccer pics Ruth!

Candace H said...

I like seeing your soccer pictures, but I'm hoping for a new post soon so I'll know how you are! It's Oct., got an update? Love ya & miss "seeing" you! We need a Scrap Etc. reunion under the tree sometime!