Sunday, September 7, 2008

First Day of School

Okay, so it's been a while since "I've" had a first day of school...but I was talking about this the other day with friends. One of my favorite days of the year was the first day of school when I was growing up. I did also love the LAST day of school, but there was something tremendously exciting thinking about the first day of school.

Maybe it was the fresh start. Every year you had another chance to do your very best, starting right at equal ground with everyone.

Maybe it was the new outfit! I didn't get a lot of new things growing up, but a new school outfit was always in order. Sometimes even two! I remember vividly laying it out the night before and being so excited to wear it the next day.

Maybe it was the new school supplies. Oh I still love the office supply aisle! I remember always getting a new pencil box for my desk. The old cardboard ones that were printed on the outside. Does anyone else remember those? If you were lucky, you'd find a really cool themed one!

Today after church I needed to go to Walmart to pick up a few groceries. But since I was by myself and not needing to rush, I began to wander the aisles. The air had a bit of 'fall weather' today and so I found myself picking up a cute tunic top and leggings, just for fun. And before I knew it, I had some of my favorite pens in the cart too! It was just like school shopping all over again! :)

Off to brew a fresh pot of coffee.....hope you are having a great day!

No comments: