I don't know exactly when it happened....probably when more moms went back to the workforce...but somewhere along the way people stopped making their Valentine Cards. We would go to the store and purchase them. 40 to a box. 6 different designs. And you could choose who got which one. If they included a sucker....they were even better!
I missed creating them, but I still got to decorate my Valentine Box at school....or the big envelope that we would leave on our desk....just waiting to be filled with lots and lots of Valentine's. And I didn't want to open them all at once. I wanted to take my time and savor it.
I know some people think with disdain at Valentine's Day and call it a "hallmark holiday", but it doesn't have to be that. You can choose to make it special. You can make your own Valentine Card(s) and let people know that you care about them.
So my challenge to you is this: take the time to make at least one Valentine Card this year. For your spouse, a grandparent, a grandchild, or even someone that is very special to you that you haven't seen for a very long time. You are going to love doing this!
Get out your construction paper, scissors, rubber stamps, make a heart to embellish it....let your creativity go. And if you are looking for some great papers and embellisments (if only I had this stuff as a kid!!!) you can get the Sweet Nothings Kit at Scrapmuse. It will make a ton of Valentine Cards for you! :)
Here's a little something I created with it:
Please excuse me, but this layout is being published. It will be back soon! :)
Please excuse me, but this layout is being published. It will be back soon! :)

11 comments:
Hi, Ruth! What a great post! I, too, miss the days of homemade Valentine's and YES, we do still make ours in the McDonald household. Several years ago, I told my husband that if he ever spends $8.00 on a V-Day card again, I would have to seriously cry! Ever since Kennedy was about 2, our special Valentine tradition is to sit down as a family and hand-make our Valentine's for each other. I love it! And I LOVE the 25-year layout...the flower adds the perfect touch! I miss you ladies today, but off the basketball games.
Nicci
beautiful layout i love the flower so much!
a great inspiring posts. Thanks loads. I will try and get off my tush and make one for Stan this year. Love the page - 25 years WOW!! I am amazed at myself for making it to 4 years.
you rock ruth!
and how sweet is that page!!!!
Very nice and pretty flower!
I love your layout, and that flower is to die for! We celebrated our 25th anniversary in July.
Thanks for the reminder to get going on my Valentine cards for this year. They are one of my favorite things to make! Flowers, hearts, bling -- I love to use it all on them
HI Ruth, what a lovely page and I am digging the white space!!
I will make Valentines with you... in fact I already did... maybe more on Friday... PFF girl day!
Sweet! Great design!
Hi Ruth! That's such a cute layout. You have a hottie hubby! heee!
Hi Ruth! That's such a cute layout. You have a hottie hubby! heee!
Post a Comment