I've been seeking Him and searching His word. Sometimes I wonder how so much "stuff" could seem to come against me all at once. Other times I am just so thankful that God has blessed me so much. What I realize is that I am truly blessed--there is always someone struggling with far more.
It's a freezing cold morning today, literally. It gets light a bit later each day. The view from the chair where I love to drink my coffee and read my devotions and spend time in God's word is usually a window with blinds that are down, but open...waiting for the sun to arise, but still dark as night behind them.
Today I am home and the view is the sunrise. Not a full on view of the actual sun, but a view of what the sun is casting. A view of the product of that sun--the golden light over my frosted front lawn. And of a rosebush that is in front of my window. One last branch I didn't trim a while ago because it had buds on it.
Two days ago in the wind that branch seemed to screech across the window as the thorns made a noisy ride across the glass. I remember thinking I should just go out and trim that branch back. It was annoying to say the least.
But today I am so happy that I didn't! In the still of the morning there are rosebuds ready to burst forth. Beauty as everything else around it is dead. LIFE. HOPE. Flowers that are so close to the way they are supposed to be at their peak.
Today I thank God so much for knowing exactly what I needed and when I would need it. His timing is so perfect!
I leave you with some verses from Psalm 33:20-22
We wait in hope for the Lord;
he is our help and our shield.
In him our hearts rejoice,
for we trust in his holy name.
May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord,
even as we put our hope in you.
~
The Message Bible puts it this way:
We're depending on God;
he's everything we need.
What's more, our hearts brim with joy
since we've taken for our own his holy name.
Love us, God, with all you've got---
that's what we're depending on.
3 comments:
I don't really know what to say except that you are not alone in your feelings... seek wisdom & eventually He will reveal what you need... it is the waiting part that is so hard.
I just found your blog through Carin's . I agree with Carin but I can also say from experience that sometimes it's not so much the answer we need as the learning to totally REST in the fact that He really does have everything under control . I'll keep you in my prayers.
Ok, 7 months??? Are you still waiting??? We are waiting to hear from you!
love you friend! *Ü*
Post a Comment