Sunday, August 10, 2008

this and that

Today was an amazing message at church! Worship was incredible and then Pastor Chris knocked it out of the park again. It was a tough message, but oh so good!!


Well the chipper finally showed up yesterday and the down trees are now gone. Yay! Tomorrow the cement guys are coming, so the basement should be done in the next day or so. I know sometimes it will seem like things are happening very fast and the changes will be obvious, and other times it will seem like things don't change for weeks. I'm trying to get my head around those thoughts so that I'm not anxious.


I've been really good about not buying things for the house. I'll see things and think "oh that would be so cute", but the reality is that I think people tend to end up with a hodge podge of things that don't really go together, nor do they need in the end. BUT.......and you knew there was a BUT coming...........I did pick a print for my livingroom! I'm using my existing furniture, plus a piece or two, so I know the colors will work. And I *LOVE, LOVE, LOVE* it! :) It was hard to photograph because of the reflections on the glass, but here's the best shot I have.

3 comments:

scrapnic72 said...

You have such good tastes in art, Ruth. I absolutely love it...a great blend of traditional and modern.

Nicole

Heather said...

Awesome print girlie!! I love it!
The message today was unbelievable and it's still floating around in my head!!!
Hope you have a great day-see you tonight!!
~H

Carin said...

Ok, I finally saw it... and if you really want my honest opinion... it is great & can't wait to see it in living color on your wall!

Had a great time at NFOL... thanks for all your hard work... too bad about the cramp thing... blub! blub! blub! *Ü*