
Having teens can be a bit of a roller coaster ride. There are the typical ups and downs that a parent coaxes and encourages them through. The times where we believe in them when they think things are hopeless. When God shows us the big picture of what He has in store for them and then we still know God will bless them even beyond what we can ever ask or imagine.
During those times when they are in the valley and even when we are frustrated with them (not God) we have nothing more important to do than ask God, "What now, Lord?" And we are seriously wanting wisdom like we have never known before.
Sometimes when God speaks it just doesn't make sense to us. So we have a choice----impart our own wisdom or obey Him.
Today when I asked He simply said, "Make pancakes. Mickey Mouse pancakes." I have no idea why. But the pancakes are on the table. It doesn't feel "wise"----but if that's God's agenda then call me Solomon with a touch of Martha Stewart.
2 comments:
Oh, Ruth, I love this post! Sometimes, the way that we love our kids comes in different packages, and I love that you showed him such deep love packaged with ears. I am tentatively planning on scrapping on Dec 7/8. If you want to scrap both Friday and Sat. and need a place to stay, I would love to play hostess to you. Let me know....
N.
This is a wonderful post Ruth...thank you for the inspiration!
Post a Comment